From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:14:15 -0400
Joe LaCour wrote, in part,  on 2008-04-01 9:34 AM:
> Today is April Fools Day.  Based on some previous posts, let's try today to post the best plausible college hockey headlines (and a brief blurb -- sort of like a blog entry) that are completely false.  Your guidelines are "Never let the facts get in the way of a good story!"
>
> My entry:...

NCAA Announces Final Five

Today, the NCAA Men's Div I Hockey Championship Committee made two
significant announcements.

First, the Championship weekend has been renamed to the "Final Five", in
order to get maximum recognition from basketball, WCHA and CCHA fans.
The "Final Five" will be contested by the normal "Frozen Four" teams,
plus a deserving local team.   Because this year both Colorado College
and Denver are local and deserving, both teams are invited.   To round
out the field, both Alaska teams have been accepted, since they have
offered to fly to Denver and be just like the local teams.  This years'
quarter-final round games will start at 1, 4, 7 and 10pm local Denver
time.  In order to not interfere with the Friday Skills competition, the
semi-finals will be held Friday morning at 8 and 11 am.  The Saturday
National Championship game has been moved from 5pm to 9pm, after several
local Denver restaurants declined NCAA banners in their windows.

Second, after many years of pressure from fans and some media, the
Committee has decided to use crack and a smoke-filled room to decide
NCAA tournament selection and seeding.  After a 3-day binge, er session,
the committee has decided their initial selections weren't quite right,
so new NCAA Tournament selections will be announced later today or
tomorrow at the latest, with the regionals to be replayed this weekend.

enyaW ,sreehc