From:
Dave Geringer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Geringer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 18:29:47 -0400
For Immediate Release
Contact Dave Geringer, Sports Information Director, (508) 990-9651                      [log in to unmask]
Wednesday, April 4, 2007

FOUR CORSAIRS EARN NEW ENGLAND HOCKEY WRITERS HONORS

BOSTON, MA– Four members of the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth’s hockey team have received New England Hockey Writers’ Association Eastern College Athletic Conference Northeast post-season honors.

Sophomore goaltender Jeff Green (Medway, MA/Valley Jr. Warriors),  junior forward Jeff Grant (Burlington, MA/Austin Prep), senior forward Kyle McCullough (Danvers, MA/Boston Jr. Blackhawks) and senior defenseman Paul Carr (Springfield, MA/Springfield Cathedral HS) were four of the twelve players who were named to the All-Star team.

Green led the conference in goals-against average with a 1.86 mark, was first in save percentage at .924 and led in winning percentage at .911. Grant was the leader in points per game (1.89), was third in goals per game (0.86), and tied for fourth in assists per game (1.04). McCullough was second in points per game (1.78) and assists per game (1.15), and tied for 12th in goals per game (0.63). Carr was third in scoring among defensemen with 0.85 points per game. Rolli was named Coach of the Year last season.

“The selection of four players from UMass Dartmouth is a tribute not only to them but also to their teammates,” said UMass Dartmouth Head Coach John Rolli. “It’s a reflection of what we’ve done, going 25-3-1 in the ECAC Northeast, winning back-to-back championships and making back-to-back appearances in the NCAA quarterfinals, as well as going 45-4-1 in our last 50 games and 36-1 in our last 37 games at Hetland Arena.”

The Corsairs went 25-3-1 during the regular season and lost to Middlebury in the quarter-finals of the NCAA Division III Championships.

UMASS DARTMOUTH HOCKEY