From:
Dave Geringer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Geringer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 01:33:50 -0500
For Immediate Release
Contact Dave Geringer, Sports Information Director, (508) 990-9651  [log in to unmask]
Wednesday, January 24, 2007

UMASS DARTMOUTH RANKED EIGHTH IN USCHO.COM DIVISION III POLL, BEST EVER

MINNEAPOLIS, MN–For the fourth time this season, the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth’s hockey team played has made a breakthrough in the United States College Hockey Online Division III poll.

The Corsairs, who had been ranked as high as 10th in the poll, once again achieved their highest ranking ever this week when they were ranked eighth. UMass Dartmouth moved up after winning at UMass Boston and Southern New Hampshire last week.

Manhattanville is ranked first in the poll, ahead of Oswego State. Wisconsin-River Falls,  St. Norbert, and Wisconsin-Stout occupy the next three positions. Neumann is ranked sixth and Wisconsin-Superior is rated seventh, while Norwich is rated ninth and Hobart 10th.

“We are thrilled that we are ranked eighth in the country, fourth in the east and first in New England,” said UMass Dartmouth Head Coach John Rolli. “However, the reality is that we have to focus on winning the ECAC Northeast.”

The Corsairs have the top two scorers in the Eastern College Athletic Conference Northeast in junior Jeff Grant (Burlington, MA/Austin Prep, 16 goals-19 assists-35 points) and senior Kyle McCullough (Danvers, MA/Boston Jr. Blackhawks, 13-18-31), and the top goaltender in sophomore Jeff Green (Medway, MA/Valley Jr. Warriors, 1.87 goals-against average). UMass Dartmouth is 15-1-1 overall and 7-0-0 in conference play and returns to action Wednesday night at Suffolk.

UMASS DARTMOUTH HOCKEY