From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 21:42:53 -0500
Boston College ended Maine's winning streak tonight with a 4-1 victory
Friday night at Conte Forum.

BC built a 2-0 first period lead and extended it to 3-0 before Maine could
respond.  Maine didn't sound like they showed up in the first period (only 3
shots on goal) and the deficit proved too tough to overcome for the young
Black Bears who were stymied by BC goaltender Matti Katilanen (sp?).

The game did not end pretty as Prestin Ryan received a major penalty and
game disqualification for going after Patrick Eaves.  I've worded that
carefully because Eaves did not receive a DQ despite the fact that Maine
radio said they were both throwing punches -- but it did seem like Ryan
started the fracas that eventually led to every player pairing off on the
ice.  I'll leave it to those who were there to describe what actually
happened.  He'll miss Saturday's game vs. UNH.. just another in a series of
not bright moves for Ryan.

Maine is now 7-1-0 on the season.

-Deron