From:
Kingry Shane L <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1992 05:11:00 PST
Saturday, February 29, 1992 at The Sullivan Arena, Anchorage, AK
LAST HOME GAME

Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves (25-7-1) (23-7-1 NCAA):     3    2    0  -  5
Michigan Tech              (15-9-1)                    1    2    0  -  3

PER | TEAM | SCORE LINE                                          TIME | AA-MT
1      AA    Martin Bakula 5 (unassisted)                         2:50   1-0
1      AA    Garnet Deschamps 9 (Steve Bogoyevac, Derek Donald)   4:11   2-0
1      AA    Trent Pankewicz 9 (Keith Morris, Mitch Kean)        10:56   3-0
1      MT    John Young 17 (Jim Storm, Jamie Steer)              13:10   3-1

2      AA    Kevin Brown 8 (Jeff Batters)                    GWG  1:58   4-1
2      MT    John Young 18 (Jim Storm, Ken Plaquin)          PPG  3:08   4-2
2      AA    Trent Pankewicz 10 (Brad Stewart, Dean Larson)  PPG  5:58   5-2
2      MT    Brent Peterson 11 (Tim Harnett, Liam Garvey)        14:17   5-3

Shots on goal:  Alaska-Anchorage     18-11--7 = 36
                Michigan Tech         5-15-13 = 33

Goalies:  AA, Paul Krake ( 60:00, 33 shots - 30 saves)
          MT, Jamie Ram  ( 59:08, 36 shots - 31 saves)

Power Plays:  AA - 1 for 6        Penalties:  AA - 14 for 34 minutes
              MT - 1 for 7                    MT - 12 for 24 minutes

Attendance:  6,421 - sellout (season average approx 5800)

NOTES:

Well, tonight was an emotional night for nine Seawolf seniors as they played
their last home game here at the Sullivan;  they got a standing ovation for
several minutes before the start of the game:

     Dean Larson           Paul Krake             Derek Donald
     Lorne Knauft          Jeff Batters           Steve Bogoyevac
     Trent Pankewicz       Jim Mayes              Scott Millar

Also - Bryan Herring who has been injury plagued lately.  Brian Kraft, who lost
his eligibility in January, and had been awarded the most inspirational player
in his college career, flew in all night from Italy to be in attendance for
this last game.  :)

What can I say?  The Seawolves had a great last home series this weekend
against Michigan Tech.  To watch these two teams was impressive, and I am
looking forward to seeing more games of this caliber (-?when?-) UAA gets
admitted into the WCHA.  Although, I think that a rivalry has pretty much been
set between these two teams in any case!

Unlike last night, neither team's power play functioned too well...as both
penalty-killing units functioned quite impressively...  Although looking at the
penalty/minutes now, it doesn't seem as one sided, UAA successfully killed off
at least 1:30 of 5 on 3 and had six seconds left in the 5-4 when they received
a slashing penalty...which was also killed off.  It just seemed that they were
ALWAYS in the box for something.  Probable always seems that way if it's your
team, mm?  :)

This will probable be my last write-up this year, as I don't imagine that I am
going to get to drive up to Fairbanks for the Independent Tournament next
weekend...but who knows?  It has been a lot of fun this year, and I hope that
UAA proves its outstanding record in the NCAA Champs!!!  *grin*

Shane Kingry