From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 15:01:04 -0400
Here we are, just a few short weeks before the start of the Division 1 season (a bit longer for Division 3)and I need some help. With the demise of www.broadcastsports.com and the takeover of www.broadcast.com by Yahoo, my website of college hockey internet broadcasts needs a lot of work.  I'm interested in the following information for all division 1 and division 3 teams:
If hockey games are being broadcast, I'd like to know what radio station or stations are carrying the broadcasts.  If there are internet broadcast that you know about, include that too.

Lest I seem callous thinking of hockey at this point in time, let me tell you what else I'm doing. I'm a technical support director for the NY State Data Center and we're spending our time gearing up for hundreds of thousands of Unemployment Insurance claims, Disaster Relief claims and Crime Victims Compensation claims.  When we finish that, we'll begin to think about how we're going to replace the 1100 communications circuits that were destroyed when #7 World Trade Center went down. We're also helping recover information from the Department of Transportation, Environmental Conservation and Tax & Finance who lost 43 of their colleagues when the Towers collapsed.

Friday, I accompanied my wife to a funeral. Her boss, the Troy Superintendant of Schools, lost both his son and son-in-law in Tower 1. His daughter is left with 3 daughters all under the age of 10. When that was over, I attended the funeral of a Tax Department employee (I worked at Tax for 15 years). She travels around the state to different district offices. She had the misfortune of being at the WTC on 9/11.

At night, I spend time with my friends at the Averill Park Fire Department where I've been a member for 24 years. I'm not active there any more but I am a life member. Whether paid or volunteers, all firemen have a special bond and the tragedy of losing 250+ firemen in NYC is devastating to all firmemen everywhere. The rest of the time I spend at home in the evening, watching the news, worried about my 22 year son and the war that surely is coming. My wife and I sit close and hug a lot. I would guess we weren't the only ones that did that.

So I ask you to take a few minutes of your time to send me the information I seek.  If I can immerse myself in something as irrelevant as a website and college hockey, perhaps I can start to return to normal (although normal will never be the same again).

Sent via the WebMail system at mail.alum.rpi.edu