From:
Mike Abegg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Abegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:46:05 -0500
My two cents on this question (perhaps too late, I subscribe via daily
digest so I'm always behind) :-)

On DirectTV, MSC's "Outstate Minnesota" feed is on full-time on channel 641,
and channel 642 is used for MSC's "Wisconsin" feed when there's a different
LIVE event on it, such as Badger hockey.  So one _should_ see the Wild on
641 and the Badgers on 642 tonight, and the Gophers on 641 and Badgers on
642 tomorrow.  One of the problems with a part-time channel is that they
don't tend to show in the channel listings in the various programming
magazines, so one never knows whether the Badger game will actually be on
until a couple hours before game time.

Also, I wouldn't spend too much breath trying to get a separate "full-time"
channel for MSC-Wisconsin, soon to be FSN-Wisconsin.  I'm actually wondering
when DirectTV will start saving bandwidth by eliminating the separate
full-time feeds for FSN-Ohio (i.e. Cleveland) and FSN-Cincinnati - the only
time they're different is when they have a Cleveland or Cincinnati team's
game being broadcast -  and the BlueJackets games are on both!  They could
do with only one full-time station plus a part-timer.

Mike Abegg