From:
"Satow, Clay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Satow, Clay
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 12:55:21 -0500
Yes, I agree they did a superior job.

I like the fact that they avoided conference matchups in the regionals.  I
think that to some extent, we can look on the selection committee's job as
"matchup determination" as much as "seeding."  I think they managed the
matchups well without any undue fairness in the seedings.

Subjectively, I think that BU has it easiest, but that's based on some
subjective opinions that's the committee didn't and probably shouldn't
consider.  I simply don't know St. Cloud.  I don't think that St. Lawrence
is as good as the numbers say, but in part that's HE snobbery and in part
remembering what Maine did to Clarkson last year.

Wisconsin may have gotten screwed the way UND did last year; they may end up
playing a team that's tougher than their overall record because that tougher
team underperformed during the regular season.

Clay