From:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 5 Apr 1998 14:56:52 -0500
I usually hate predictions -- especially long-range stupid ones like
this ... but what the heck!  Season's over right?  Gotta do something
... watching Marlins-Brewers isn't cutting it for me right now.

ECAC order of standing for next year...

1. Clarkson
2. Harvard
3. Princeton
4. Cornell
5. St. Lawrence
6. Yale
7. Colgate
8. Brown
9. Vermont
10. RPI
11. Dartmouth
12. Union

No flames please -- this really is totally off the top of my head in 2
minutes, at most. Please tell me why I'm wrong.

Here's one thing which I will say with absolute certainty:
  Clarkson will:
a) have a slow start
b) heat up by Jan. 1 and lose maybe 2 games in the last 2 months
c) finish 2nd at worst
d) take a lot of penalties, and draw a lot of penalties
e) have a tremendous special teams
f) lose in Lake Placid
g) lose in the Eastern Regional

Clarkson is nothing if not consistent. This is not even a joke.  Go back
over their last 10 years and tell how many times one of the above DIDN'T
happen.

Another certainty: A very tight race
Another certainty: the standings will not resemble the above prediction
in any way

AW