From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 20:45:18 -0500
Believe it or not, we have an "almost sure" winner
already for NCAA pool #1.

To refresh your memory, 1 point was awarded for each
correct prediction in the 1st round, 2 points for the
2nd round and 3 points will be awarded for each of the 3 games
this coming weekend.
That is a total of 21 points with 12 points already decided.

Mr. Alex Pufhal of Raymond,ME scored 12 out of 12 this weekend.
He managed to pick the winner of every regional contest.
He is almost declared the winner since there is only one
other person who can catch him this weekend. The only way
the second place person can catch Alex is if UNH defeats Michigan.
If this happens, then we have a tie. In case of a tie, we go to
the tiebreaker and the only way Alex can lose is if more than 30
goals are scored this weekend.

Congratulations Alex and don't be superstitious about being
congratulated early. The only other time I did that recently was to
congratulate my RPI Engineers back in October on an absolutely
wonderful season  ;-)

Pool#2 is still up for grabs as are numerous runner-up spots
in pool#1. Final posting next week.