From:
"Andrew J. Weise" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew J. Weise
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 20:43:32 -0500
It's pretty basic....

The top 10 teams (presuming there are more in the league) play each
other in the quarterfinals (1vs10, 2vs9, 3vs8, 4vs7, 5vs6) in a format, I
believe, decided by the league. That being a best-of-3 or somthing
different like the ECAC does: first-team-to-3-points. All the winners
get re-seeded #1 through #5.

Then, #4  plays #5. The winner "gets re-seeded as #4" and plays #1 in
the semifinals. The other semifinal is - you guessed it - #2 vs. # 3.

-Andy