From:
"Greg R. Berge" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg R. Berge
Date:
Sat, 21 Jun 1997 15:19:02 -0400
Cornell backup goalie Jean Marc Pelletier was taken in the second round of
the draft by the Flyers (who used a pick acquired from the Maple Leafs).

He was the 4th pick of the 2nd round, 30th overall; and the 4th goaltender
taken.

2nd round Cornellians in draft history:

85 Joe Nieuwendyk (Calgary, 27 overall)
89 Kent Manderville (Calgary, 29)
89 Dan Ratushny (Winnipeg, 25)
90 Ryan Hughes (Quebec, 22)
90 Etienne Belzile (Calgary, 41)
97 Jean-Marc Pelletier (Philadelphia, 30)

No college players were taken in Round One.

"I hate quotations.  Tell me what you know."  -- Emerson