From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 22:38:57 -0400
>Where is everyone on HOCKEY-L this year? Where are the
>excellent game reports from ALL around college hockey that frequented this
>list two years and began to decline last year. WHERE IS JOHN H.? Who is
>going to replace the excellent reports G.M. Finness used to provide from
>Michigan State.
>
>Steve Klein

Mike Kahn anticipated my answer in an earlier post about "machine-readable"
summaries.

I have been on HOCKEY-L for perhaps less time than others, but it seems
with the growth of the Internet with the larger number of
official/"unofficial" college hockey pages than ever, and the rise in small
media outlets going on the net, the fan who needs just a score can find it,
easily, and maybe from their local paper or TV/radio station.

My feeling is that HOCKEY-L bandwith is better used for analysis and
comment, somewhat akin to sports radio, than for scores.  Check out other
lists like the Bruins list, and you will find how the list members analyze
things, rather than subscribe simply to find out about W and L's (or T's in
hockey !).  Even those with e-mail only can access some sites
(INFO-HOCKEY-L even ?) to get scores.

Did you read every score posting in the past, or just skip by them to the
analysis or news content ?

        ****** If you can read this, thank your monitor *******