From:
Tim Mustone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Mustone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 10:21:09 -0400
Since no one else has posted it, I saw this at the USA Today web site:

LOWELL'S FILLION SUSPENDED: UMass-Lowell junior goaltender Martin
Fillion has been suspended for the first four games of the season for a
violation of team rules. The Winnipeg, Man. native will sit out the
River Hawks first two series against UMass (Oct. 25-26) and Boston
College (Nov. 1-2). Fillion was named to the All-Hockey East preseason
team after a 24-9-3 season last year with a 3.79 goals against average.
Neither athletic director Dana Skinner and coach Tim Whitehead would
comment on the suspension.

This is bad news for UML.  I'll hopefully be talking to the SID today
and will try to weasel out some info from him.

        Tim Mustone
        WJUL Sports