From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 1996 11:32:00 EST
Hello to all.  I'm back in Ann Arbor, but I'm busy with work and
celebrating at the moment so most of my comments will have
to wait until later in the week.  I scanned through many of the posts
from the last several days though and wanted to add the following
right now.

RE: CC-Vermont semifinal
It was reported in one of our local papers (Ann Arbor or Detroit)
that the decision to suspend the game following the 10-minute OT
period had been made.  I'll dig up the paper and give a proper
reference later in the week.  Let's assume this is true.  If so, we
might still be in Cinci if the CC goal(?) is waved off.  Fwiw, I'm
under the impression that the decision was made during that
period (i.e. sometime between the 80th and 90th minute), and
I doubt the on-ice officials were aware that the game was about
to be halted.

RE: Michigan's recent games
What about State?!  I've heard/read 100 times now who UM
beat in their last four games...and I'm thrilled that everyone is
pointing out that UM won their way to the title, but let's not forget
MSU.  Late February and March was MSU's weak point of the
season, but they were an NCAA tourney team and UM defeated
them in the CCHA semis.  So, for the record, Michigan's last
five games were wins over MSU, LSSU, Minn, BU and CC.

RE: 10th anniversary?
I haven't checked it in the MSU media guide (sorry), but I
believe that Michigan won the title on the 10th anniversary
of the last Michigan State title...March 30, 1986 if I'm not
mistaken.

RE: All-America
Deron posted one version of the All-America team.  From
memory, this is what I saw in Cinci.  It's the annual TITAN
All-America team.  Sorry, I only looked at the West.
FIRST TEAM (WEST)
  F Brian Bonin (Minn)
  F Peter Geronazzo (CC)
  F Brendan Morrison (Mich)
  D Keith Aldridge (LSSU)
  D Mike Crowley (Minn)
  G Ryan Bach (CC)
SECOND TEAM (WEST)
  F Kevin Hilton (Mich)
  F Sean Tallaire (LSSU)
  F Teeder Wynne (NoDak)
  D Andy Roach (Ferris)
  D Dan Trebil (Minn)
  G Marc Magliarditi (WMU)
Apologies for any improper spellings.

RE: Kent and UIC folding
Nathan Boyle writes about Kent...
>In any case they handled it in a far more classy way than UIC has.

Please tell me you're joking.  The Hockey-L archives have
plenty to say about this.  Kent's departure is probably the most
classless thing I've witnessed in college hockey.  Far worse
than UIC's.

More on a later date...

John H ([log in to unmask]) 1996 National Champions