From:
"Todd D. Milewski" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Todd D. Milewski
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 01:30:14 -0600
>For the Minn band, my suggestion is to keep on playing your OWN fight song -
>it's much better than playing the fight song of other schools that have
>already been knocked out the tournament.  Are you trying to fire up your team
>or the crowd?

Did the Minnesota Band really "sell out"?  That's pretty sad.

This has always seemed kinda cheesy to me.  Currently being a UW Band
member, and previously being a Band fan, I personally object to whenever a
band comes into the Bradley Center in Milwaukee and tries to win over the
Wisconsin crowd with "On, Wisconsin" or "You've Said it All!" (a/k/a the Bud
song).

Cases that I can recall:

'93 Final Four:  BU's band (I think) learns the Bud Song for the games at
the Bradley Center.

'94 and '96 WCHA Final Five:  Michigan Tech's band (whom I love otherwise)
plays both On Wisconsin and You've Said it All.

I guess it's just a ploy to get the crowd on your side.  In the Bradley
Center cases, it's seemed to work.

Oh, and don't get me started on the Minnesota Rouser! :)

Todd D. Milewski   [log in to unmask]
"U-Rah-Rah Wisconsin!"