From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 21:06:36 -0600
I wrote:

> > > **2)  Most importantly - Most of us agree that College Hockey deserves
> > > more publicity and that better national TV coverage of the Final Four is
> > > a big step.
>
> When they first switched to the regionals, getting better TV coverage
> was one of the reasons given (I'm sure we can find some mention of it
> somewhere in the hockey-l archive).

I checked the archives, and really enjoyed re-reading the discussion
about the format change from the time it was proposed until it was made
final. It is interesting to see how some of the comments and predictions
proved true, while others didn't.

Anyway, I didn't see mention of TV coverage in either the original
proposal, nor in the quotes from Rick Comley when the final version
was announced.

        --david