From:
Daniel Falk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Falk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 08:09:43 EST
As far as Clarkson's future this weekend ... I predict (warming up the
crystal ball here) that Clarkson will retain home ice, winding up in
maybe third ECAC.  The only way the can wind up in 5th is if Colgate
sweeps and Cornell also beats the Knights.  I do not think that
ANY team can count on a four point weekend in this crucial series.  Perhaps
all four teams will take home two points and positions will remain
mostly the same..(?)  One big question is whether UVM (or any top four
team for that matter) will crash and burn.  UVM could slip down
to three at most.  I think UVM is quite capable of a sweep this
weekend, but a two point weekend is also possible since Harvard and
Brown are hungry to continue their seasons despite long slides.
Just for the sake of argument (no flames please), let's lay it on the
line with this prediction (which may be completely off B*) )

1. UVM 37pts
2. 3. SLU Cornell 34 pts.
4. Clarkson 33 points
5. COlgate 28 points

Maybe I am giving too much credit to Cornell or not enough to Clarkson or
Colgate but I am sure that SLU is bound to split maybe because or
(of) the Princeton loss at home ...

Anyone else willing to peer into the future a bit?

Dan