From:
Peter Kester <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Kester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 1995 18:26:12 -0400
The University of Virginia has started up a club team this season.  A
new ice rink is currently being built in Charlottesville (where UVa is
located) and should be completed by Christmas.  They are currently
practicing and playing all of the "home" games at the Richmond Ice
Palace -- about a 1.5 hour drive from the school.

I'm excited that UVa is starting up a hockey program.  There has
always been interest, but no place to play.  When I was there for
graduate school, all we had was a floor hockey club -- but there were
about 40-50 guys in the club.  It was fun, but I missed playing ice
hockey until I moved up to the Washington, DC area.

Here's their current schedule:

>10/13 VCU   W 19-2
>10/20 at Radford
>10/21 at Radford