From:
Steven Czuba <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Czuba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 11:05:14 -0500
I was just thinking .. , and I should be working.

Clarkson's fate is already determined. Clarkson is in no matter what.

And if another team wins the ECAC tourney the point is moot also, since
Clarkson and that other team are in.

The questions come up if Clarkson wins the tourney and RPI/Colgate/Princeton
(and Brown??) are left scrambling for the second spot. Given that, IMO :

RPI beats Colgate , Princeton is in based on RPICH and H2H.
Colgate beats RPI , Colgate sneaks in despite losing to Princeton twice this
year.

Do you people agree or disagree ? Unfortunately I can't work out the RPICH but
based purely on IMO, that's what I think. If someone can get me some hard
numbers that show Colgate must it all to get in, please send them to me.

Also, if indeed the RPICH is the 'only' criteria used, isn't it possible that
Princeton,Colgate AND RPI's RPICH (god I hate writing that) can all end up
below that of Brown's ? And if Brown gets in - Princeton will have a field day
with that.

thanks

steve czuba
RPI 86