From:
Matthew M Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew M Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 1995 09:21:09 -0600
Anthony J. Frolik wrote

Well, a couple of mistakes.  Dave Spehar is the one with 94 points, the
top scorer in Minnesota.  Chris Locker, who's brother Derek spent some
time with UMD (I knew I could get college hockey in here.) is the second
leading scorer in the state.  He is somewhere in the eighties I think.
I have seen them play (Way too many times, if you ask me) at the DECC,
which is their home ice.  Spehar will be a good college player, but I
think he is a little small for the NHL, and maybe even college.  Locker
did play for East last year, but was suspended right before the State
Tourney.  He _was not_ suspended for drinking.  He was suspended for
skipping too many classes.

Two interesting points about this.  Chris' older brother Derek never caught
on with UMD because of achedemics, seems he too didn't like going to
classes.  Also to show you how overbearing some parents can be, Chris
Lockers parents tried to go to court last year before the playoffs when
their son was suspended to get him reinstated.  The judge chuckled mildly
and denied the request.

Matt Evans
Minnesota '89
UM-Duluth '92