From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 1994 14:20:15 EST
(Ed: Normally I would have sent this message privately, but every
so often perhaps it is useful for everyone to understand ...wts)

Karen said, in part ...
>I have no idea how this happened, but on Friday and on Monday, I got no
>messages from this list.  Nothing strange happened either, and fortunately I

   Please do not send administrative messages to HOCKEY-L.  If you have
   a question or problem or comment *about* HOCKEY-L or your
   subscription, send mail to the administrator.  His address is in the
   welcoming message you received when you subscribed (you saved it,
   right?!).

   If you lost that message or read HOCKEY-L via one of the many local
   redistributions, the administrator's address (mine) may be found
   below.  Anyone may obtain a copy of the welcoming message by sending
   mail to [log in to unmask] and in the body entering

      GET HOCKEY-L WELCOME

   If HOCKEY-L distributions to you cause bounce messages (such as if
   your mailbox fills or your site has a mail handling problem), your
   subscription will be removed.  If you suspect this is the case, just
   resubscribe.  If you or your system administrator wish to see a
   bounce message for diagnostic purposes, just let me know (within 7
   days).  Individuals or sites that have continuing problems will not
   be allowed subscriptions on HOCKEY-L until the problem is eliminated.
   This should affect only subscribers on systems with small mailboxes
   or those with a problem and without a technical staff;  almost all
   problems can be resolved and I will work with your system
   administrators to do so.

>was able to resubscribe.  Anyway, this means I missed out on all of the scores
>from the weekend.  Could someone please post the CCHA results?  ...

   Please don't ask for a repost of any information on HOCKEY-L or ask
   *on* HOCKEY-L for back postings.  Everything that has ever been
   posted to HOCKEY-L is spinning 'round-'n-'round up here in Maine ...
   just waiting for you to ask for it.  For directions on searching the
   HOCKEY-L archives, send mail to [log in to unmask] and in the
   body enter

      GET HOCKEY-L SEARCH

   For a list of all information files in the HOCKEY-L archives,
   including conference standings, use the GET command to obtain
   HOCKEY-L FILELIST:

      GET HOCKEY-L FILELIST

Yours in college hockey,

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]

P.S.  Today is something of a milestone for HOCKEY-L.  For the first
      time, we have reached 1,000 subscribers.  As implied above,
      several of these are local redistributions (2 or 3 dozen .. I
      haven't counted recently).  So, as I have been advertising,
      HOCKEY-L readership is substantially more than 1,000 ...  I
      estimate a minimum of 2,000 and probably many more than that.
      About 1/3 of HOCKEY-L subscribers read via the daily digest.