From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 1994 00:47:28 EDT
It was posted that the WCHA plans to extend its two automatic bids to
the winners of the regular season and tourney championships.

Does anyone know what will happen if the same team wins both?  Will
the second bid go to the regular season runner-up, or the tourney
runner-up - or no one?

Last I heard, HE planned to do the same as the WCHA, but they also did
not know what they would do in the situation I mentioned (I asked).
What happens if BU wins both, and NU is the regular season runner-up
but UNH gets to the championship game before losing to BU?  Both teams
could make a case for getting that second automatic bid.

My prediction is that having 2 bids will lead to at least as many
headaches as 1...maybe more.
<<<<< Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors (station TBA for 94-95) >>>>>