From:
TariAnne Texter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TariAnne Texter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 1994 22:21:17 -0400
On Tue, 4 Oct 1994, Robert L. Dunn wrote:

> Hockey is one sport where schools generally have to pay
> for rental fo their facility (including the on-campus arenas).  Who pays
> for the ice for a captain's practice?  If it's the school or the athletic
> department, does that violate NCAA rules?  Ice isn't exactly cheap, so i
> don't expect the players to be able to scrape together their beer money
> to cover the cost.
>
> Robb Dunn

I was wondering the same thing when I was writing a previous post.  I
believe that the arena is allowed to be used by the players at no cost to
them--that would be logical.  But I don't know whose pocket it comes out
of, and I'm sure they work it so it doesn't violate NCAA rules.

Tari Anne
Go FSU Bulldogs--CCHA