Sender:
From:
"Michael C. Machnik" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1993 10:27:41 -0400
Ralph writes:
>Alaska-Anchorage, Alaska-Fairbanks, Clarkson, Duluth, Ill-Chicago,
>LSSU, Lowell, Merrimack, Michigan Tech, N. Mich, RPI, St. Cloud, St.
>Lawrence, Union, and W. Mich.

Dave Suess just mentioned North Dakota, and I believe the other one is
Colorado College.  The list above looks right to me - although, I am
not sure of UIC and WMU.  Doesn't WMU play in the same conference
(Mid-American or something like that) as BG, Kent, Miami, etc.?  If
so, where does Ferris State fall - maybe they should replace WMU.

>Are these correct, and if so what are the other two?  I have a number
>of possibilities, but actually too many to make 17 in total.  Also what
>is the breakdown of Div-II vs Div-III for the 17 schools?

DivII: UAA, UAF, Mass-Lowell, Merrimack, North Dakota
DivIII: Clarkson, RPI, SCSU, SLU, Union
Not 100% sure: CC, UIC, LSSU, MTU, UMD, NMU, WMU (or FSU)

I also wonder about the number of 49 DivI hockey programs as quoted in
the News...this seems to be the hardest thing to nail down.  The
number changes all the time, even in the middle of the season. :-)  If
UMass is not counted, we have 44 from the four conferences and the two
military schools.  That leaves five.  UConn, Canisius, Villanova, St
Bonaventure, Holy Cross?  My mind is failing me, but I thought there
were a couple more.  I don't have the list of ECAC small schools here,
unfortunately.
---
Mike Machnik           [log in to unmask]    [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMN* 11/13/93