Sender:
From:
Christopher Lerch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1993 11:31:01 PDT
Is it too early to start thinking about next season? Nah.
College Hockey Magazine's final 92-93 edition contains outlooks
for the 93-94 season in D-I.

Their picks for regular season champs: RPI, Miami, BU and
Wisconsin.

CHM has a capsule on each non-independent D-I  team - I'll
post some  of the ones popular to the list as time permits. Here's
the one for RPI,  reprinted without permission:

RPI:
Key losses: Allen Kummu

Key returnees: Xavier Majic, Kelly Askew, Jeff Gabriel,
Neil Little

Recruits: With only 18 scholarships allowed, and only one
graduating player, Buddy Powers and his staff had maybe
the easiest recruiting job in the country. Simply hang the
"No Vacancy" sign outside Houston Field House.

Outlook: The Engineers are loaded and have a Hobey Baker
candidate in Neil Little. Look for RPI to make a serious run at
the national championship. Not getting a bid this season can
only help. "They've got to use that as a motivator," Powers
said. "When you're the new kid on the block you can't come
sneaking up on the door, you have to barrel through it, and we
didn't do that. Next season, we have to put ourselves in a
position where we can't be denied."

Xavier Majic, Kelly Askew, Ron Pasco, Craig Hamelin, Wayne Clark,
Tim Regan, Jeff Brick, Btyan Richardson are just part of the
arsenal. Jeff Gabriel will also be back and healthy after
undergoing shoulder surgery. "We have to be real hungry to
get to the next step, " Powers added. "Attitude is a key thing.
Our leaders have to be hungry players. There's no question we'll
be picked to be one of the top teams in the league next season.
Whether we'll be the top team will depend on some players
who have to bring their games to the next level."

Chris Lerch
Xerox
RIT '84 & '91