Sender:
From:
"Charles M. Shub" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1993 09:26:19 -0600
decided to share this with you word for word to give the list my
wife's poerspective.  i've got some notes in brackets to explain
context.
* Date: Sat, 13 Feb 93 02:03:14 MST
                        [ she was up late...]
* From: [log in to unmask] (Mrs. Charles M. Shub)
* To: [log in to unmask]
* Subject: hockey loss

We lost tonight 9-2 but the score was not indicative of the game!!
They came out and scored 3 goals fairly quickly and then we woke up
until the last 3 minutes of the game when they scored another quick 3
goals.  We played them fairly evenly the rest of the game!!

They are fast, very well coached and disciplined, and play as one
unit.  Mike was in goal again tonight and really wasn't that good (or
they were just that much better)--they only had about 25-26 shots on
goal!!  UAF did get 1 short handed goal on a miscue (they seemed about
a step ahead of our thinking and intercepted a pass) in our end and
ended up with 3 on 1 and Mike really didn't have much of a chance on
that one.  Jeff was hustling (almost too much as he caused a # of
offsides) but didn't get any points tonight.  [jeff barlow is one of
the cadets we sponsor]

The game was fairly clean and mostly penalty free tho Guisto (the
goon) and TJ both had penalties with a smattering of other penalties
[ Guisto is a freshman and i don't know about him and TJ is senior
tri-captain terry couyrtney who holds the record for penalty minutes. ]
(mostly checking from behind or interferance) called on both teams.  I
am looking forward to seeing if our team can keep up with them speed
wise again tomorrow--I think it will be a much closer game!!  It
lookedlike DeGeronimo (#6) had a broken arm at the end of the game but
I can't be certain--He was in a sling but could see no cast.

clara shub  ---   [log in to unmask]

charlie shub  --  [log in to unmask]  (719) 593-3492
   on leave at the University of Iowa    (319) 335-0739
           [log in to unmask]            (fax) 335-0627