Sender:
From:
Bill Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1992 14:53:14 -0500
On Mon, 16 Nov 1992, Kenny Zalewski wrote:

> Regarding the comment about a goalie misinterpreting an officials' signal
> and leaving the net for a substitute...  any goal scored in that instance
> would definitely be counted.  I have already seen two ECAC games using the
> new 2-1 system, and in both games, there were at least 5 times when a
> be cleaned up as the season goes on.  It's just new to all the ECAC guys,
> and they had no practice games, nor any literature given to them, about
> the new system.  As John Gallagher told me when he was at RPI about a week
> --
> Kenny Zalewski -- Computer Science Department; Intramural Department
> Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 83 Albright Court, Troy, NY, 12180
> [log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask]
> "Keep your words soft and sweet, in case you have to eat them."

Well, up here in the land of lake-effect, they started this 2 ref-1
linesman last year in both ECAC and SUNYAC games.  The only problem that I
kmow of is that there is two times the bad calls as before... like for
instance this past Friday's Oswego-Cortland game.  Oswego spent probably a
good 10 minutes of the game down 2 men on questionnable calls while
Cortland only had 3 penalties and had scores of no-calls (blatantly
obvious holds, interference, offsides, etc.)

Not that I'm biased for my team, but enough is too much!!

Bill Wood
SUNY Oswego