Sender:
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:50:23 -0500
7bit
From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
The actual rule is labelled "hitting from behind".  According to the rules,
the penalty committed on open ice can be a minor or major but checking into
the boards is considered flagrant and is a major with either a GM or a DQ .
The call as announced at the games was definitely boarding but that wouldn't
be the first time the announcer got a call wrong.