Sender:
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:30:19 -0400
From:
Rita-Ann Monde <[log in to unmask]>
On Mar 12, 2007, at 5:09 PM, Mike Abegg wrote:

> I agree, now is when John Whalen's You Be the Committee is great
> fun for
> those with time on their hands.  I'm just trying to capture a
> snapshot on
> the basis of "most likely" outcomes.  My real interest is in how the
> committee manages the matchups and regional placings, which frankly
> may
> not be that interesting given that probably only 1 host school will
> make
> the tournament.  (Despite the comments of the guys on the CHA
> broadcast
> yesterday, I don't see a strongly likely scenario that gives Denver an
> at-large bid - although John or others may be able to point it
> out.  It
> probably involves Air Force winning AH and Wisconsin winning
> exactly two
> games in St. Paul, plus a very small road bonus, 0.01 or less--as
> the road
> bonus grows, DU loses ground to the Maines, Miamis, & MSUs, of the
> world.)
>  Frankly, the pairing exercise is much more interesting if DU makes
> it,
> you have to figure out how to get them at home and not "screw" some
> highly
> ranked school.

That would be an interesting scenario since Cornell is not in this
year's tourney, thus not eligible to be sent West to play on someone
else's home ice (or, as in the case of last year's regional in Green
Bay, "neighborhood pond" :) ).

Please note smilely [ :) ] at the end of the above sentence.There are
many Cornell fans that wished our team was eligible for the tourney
and wouldn't mind them being sent to Denver (or Timbuktu).

Rita-Ann Monde
Trinity College 1991
Cornell University 2000