Sender:
From:
Jim Teresco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 22:23:25 -0500
Doug Christiansen scored the game-winner late in the third and Brandon
Snee made 31 saves as Union continued it's fast start with a 2-0 win
over Cornell Friday night at Achilles.  This one was scoreless for
almost 55 minutes until Christiansen's wrist shot from the slot beat
Matt Underhill, finally giving the crowd of just under 2,000 a reason
to make a lot of noise.  Union killed off a late penalty before Jeff
Wilson scored into an empty net with about 15 seconds remaining.

Things got a little ugly after the game, as both benches cleared for a
mini brawl which is sure to cost both teams a player or two tomorrow.
I didn't see what started it, but I'm sure both coaches will have
something to say in the morning paper.

Union improves to 2-0 in the ECAC and 4-1 overall.  They face Colgate
on Saturday, while Cornell visits RPI.

--
Jim Teresco '92, '93G - [log in to unmask]
Visit the Union Hockey Pages at http://www.vu.union.edu/~hockey