Sender:
From:
David Morgenstern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 09:28:36 -0400
I have a question about Title IX that has come up from reading all the
recent posts.

Does Title IX require the schools to give the same proportion of
scholarships to men and women, or just that they have the same proportion
of athletes?  I thought it was athletes, but I have seen  a lot of
references to scholarships (including the Globe article yesterday).

If the number of athletes was 50/50 (and assuming the general student
population was same), but the school spent 10 times as much on mens sports,
would that be considered in compliance or not?

Thanks to anyone that can clear this up for me.

Dave