Sender:
From:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 1991 13:24:37 EST
 Janet writes:

> We were Lynah faithful from 1960 to
> 1976, saw both national championship teams, witnessed the coaching
> regimes of Paul Patton, Ned Harkness, and Dick Bertrand and saw
> Lynah go from being half empty to having to stand in line days for
> season tickets.  There seems to be a lot of former pep band members
> members on this list.  Does the Cornell band still still have
> competitions with the visiting bands at halftime and does it
> still include the "1812 Overture" in its playbook?

I played in the pep band with moderate regularity (melophones traditionally
have poor attendence), and I can't remember seeing the "1812 Overture" in our
folders.  If it was there, we never played it.  We don't have any competitions
with opposing bands; we play, they play, we play, they play....and everybody's
happy. (Unless it's Clarkson's band, then only they play, and no one is happy
about that.)

The band has no fixed membership and no attendence requirement.  The people who
get into hockey games is based on past attendence at games such as basketball,
soccer, lacrosse.  The band doesn't rehearse either, so, a lot of the more
difficult pieces just don't get played.

Happy Holidays to all at Hockey-L and especially to all the Lynah Faithful out
there.  I'm with you in spirit. (Will anyone be at the Union-RPI roadtrip at
the beginning of January?  I'll be there.  Also, if anyone has any extra
tickets for a February home series, let me know.)

"It's SADO-CLAUS....You'd better watch out! And you'd better not cry!" --Robin
Williams

--
Dave [log in to unmask]
Cornell '91 OSU Med '95