Sender:
From:
Steven Bartley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 16:55:48 -0500
>Roger Spurgeon writes "With a few minutes left in the game, Brendan
Morrison,
>at least in his own
>opinion, appeared to get the puck across the goal line for UM's fourth
>goal.  Morrison was quoted in Sunday's Ann Arbor News that he believed
>that the puck hit the back of the goal and came out.  If it did, it did so
>without referee Sotiroff nor the goal judge seeing it.  I was at the other
>end of the rink and couldn't see the play.  A fellow UM friend sitting at
>the goal line said to me after the game that puck did not go in."

I was in the endzone where this all happened and I thought I saw the first UM
player stick it in (don't know who) on Petrie's left side and then the puck
slid over to his right side and I thought I saw Morrison stick it in.  Looked
like 2 goals to me, but it all happened very fast and no one seemed to put up
that  much of a fight about it so I thought the players knew they didn't
score.

Ditto Roger's comments about the game in general - hard playing hockey by
both teams with very few cheap shots.  BGSU is the best team I've seen play
(obviously outside of UM) and I'm surprised that they've lost so many games
so far.  They outplayed UM most of the game and I was real happy with a tie -
even though UM put all the pressure in the world on BGSU the last 5 minutes
and then all of OT.

Ref Sitorov did a very good job and that was a great thing to finally see.

Steve Bartley