Sender:
From:
Chris Warner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 May 1996 10:15:52 -0400
To: A digest of HOCKEY-L - The College Hockey Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> cc: [log in to unmask]
> I noticed that Mike Rodrigues was not on the recruit list for cornell
> posted yesterday, though he had been on several much smaller lists posted
> earlier in the year, his name had been mentioned by people in private
> email, in fact he had been seen on Campus a few weeks ago with Brad
> Chartrand and Steve Wilson.  Does anybody know what happenned to him, and
> if he will be attending college elsewhere?  I've heard that he hits hard
> and plays tough and it would be a shame to have less of that type of
> player.
>
> Larry Weintraub,
> Cornell University

        Mike Rodgrigues was nixed by Cornell's admissions department.
He'll be playing the upcoming year with the Bridgewater Bandits, a new
team in the Eastern Junior Hockey League near his hometown of Stoughton,
MA. He'll also be making up whatever academic credits were missing. It
won't hurt him to play a year in the EJHL before attending college -- be
it Cornell or elsewhere --- as his footspeed still needs improving.
        The Bandits, by the way, are operated by Scott Harlow, Boston
College forward in the mid-eighties and, for one game, an NHL'er with the
St. Louis Blues.

Chris Warner
New England Hockey Report
Cambridge, MA