Sender:
From:
Steven Bartley Univ Of Michigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 10:56:48 -0500
Here are some of my observations on the arena and the way it was run.
I walk up to the ticket window on Saturday foe the championship game. I tell
the guy I want tickets in the UM area.  He pulls out tickets and says here's
one.  My friend who is sitting in the UM area says the numbers aren't ever
close and this guy insists that they are.  I buy the ticket anyways because I
know I will not sit in this seat.  The seat turns out to be the exact
opposite corner from the UM area.  Thanks for all of the help, ticket
seller!!!

The arena makes all these public announcements that there is no smoking in
the arena - only in designated areas of the arena.  Doesn't that mean that
there is smoking in the arena?  You could smoke in any hallway in the arena
and it was like walking into a test room for rats and smoked-filled cancer
test tubes.  When you were in the halls and looked out into the arena you
could see the smoke hanging above the ice.  Way to go NCAA - let's give
everyone cancer who goes to one of your events.

Bathrooms (speaking as a man, don't know the women's situation there) - what
a joke.  This arena is supposed to fit 13,000-15,000 people in it and the
bathrooms that I saw (two) had 4 urinals and 3 stalls in each one.  I can't
believe city code let this one go by.  I missed part of the game because of
the long waits.

The hot dog that I had tasted like it been cooked the day before and left
out.  It wasn't even luke warm.

The arena area outside was very nice with a great view of the baseball
stadium and the river and the sun shone at 68 degrees at the end of the game,
jet-skis were in the river along with barges and tourist boats.  It looked
great outside and not-so-great inside.

What's up with the multi colored seating?  Did Cincy get some type of
discount to take all of the discontinued colors from the manufaturer?

let's do NCAA at real ice arenas from now on.  Cincy better have paid the
NCAA a LOT of money for this one.

Steve Bartley