Sender:
From:
Tim Brule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 19:34:00 -0600
On Sun, 10 Mar 1996, MR ADAM C WODON wrote:

> OK ... someone please explain to me some things. E-mail if you wish.  I
> need to know exactly what we're talking about here so I can report this
> accurately.

This is a quate from my own web page. :-)
----
The Pair Wise Ranking is a computer program designed to emulate the NCAA
Selection Committee in determining the selections for the NCAA hockey
tournament. The PWR compares each team to each team, judging them by five
criteria: common opponents, record in last 20 games, head to head meetings,
record against teams at or above 0.500, and the Ratings Percentage Index.
Ties are decided by the RPI.

Each comparison won by a team is worth one point. The final PWR ranking
is the numbers of teams (of the 44 eligible Division I teams) that a
given team beats.
----
If you want to see the rankings and the individual comparisons come to
the College Hockey Homepage.

        http://www.math.umn.edu/~urton/chockey/chockey.html

It is important to realize that PWR emulates the selection process. What
the committee will do with these numbers is unknown.

Tim Brule