Sender:
From:
FABULOUS SPORTS GOON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 13:18:45 -0600
To: "John R. Nash" <[log in to unmask]>
On Mon, 26 Feb 1996, John R. Nash wrote:

> Two points to address:
> - Friday fight as a "bright spot" for the gophers
Hockey isinherently a rough game, and the fighting rules don't remove that
aspect ofit. There's a huge difference between a beautiful crunching legal
check andguys on the gopher bench taking cheap shots at players on the ice
during abrawl resulting from gopher frustration late in a blowout. Then again,

        Well John, I tell you one thing I love good checks and hitting,
and also if there is a brawl between two willfull combatants  on the
ice I enjoy it...I guarente one thing: This weekend between the Sioux and the
Badgers will be exciting, however don't expect it to be nice and civil,
yeah there is a good chance that there will will probably be some fights, or
at least some wrestling matches. Also it is no mystery that Strobel has two
DQ's For fighting, thanks to Woog's heavy lobbying for that three and you
are out for the season,  so don't be surprised if someone isn't
there trying to antaganize him. Teams used to do that to Landon Wilson when
they found out that he couldn't control his temper and would go with anyone.
        Hockey is a viloent Game, people who don't like this type of stuff
should watch basketball. Oh I would rather be a sprots goon than a badger
fan.

        *Eric "THE FABULOUS SPORTS GOON" Burton*
        *GO SIOUX, GO BRUINS, FIRE CASPER NOW  ********
        * SIOUX VS BADGER MAR, 1,2,3,BSU BEAVER HOCKEY*
        quote of the month...
                It is a great day for hockey.
                        "Badger" Bob Johnson
                                (RIP)