Sender:
From:
FABULOUS SPORTS GOON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 1996 16:20:20 -0600
To: Ryan R Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
        I was thinking about this Hobey Baker award and what it stands
for and what has happened to the winners of it and just to name a few
winners and where they are now. I also thought about the Curse I read
about as a result of winning the HOBEY BAKER there are a few examples of
this, just because a player wins the award doesn't mean that they are
going on to great career in the NHL. Actually if I had to pick a winner
my self I would either pick Chris Drury or Peter Geronozo (sp) from CC.
        Tony Hrkus, UND 1987, played a little with the
St. Louis Blues, organiztion high in the scoring race every year in the
IHL, its said via media in grand forks that he had a booze problem, and
it kept him from making it big in the NHL.
        Lane Mcdonald Harvard out of hockey concussions medical doctors told
him not to play, great player, never played in the pros had the talent one of
the more talented ones in the last tens years.
Chris Marinuci WCHA UTAH of the IHL Isles own his rights, not made an
impact.
        Robb Stauber UofM goalie with Buffalo's AHL as a result of a
trade with LA for grant FUHR team played some games in the NHL while he was
with the LA KINGS played back up to Kelly Hrudy never quite blossumed into
the star that he was billed as being.

        *Eric "THE FABULOUS SPORTS GOON" Burton*
        *GO SIOUX, GO BRUINS, FIRE CASPER NOW  ********
        * SIOUX VS BADGER MAR, 1,2,3,BSU BEAVER HOCKEY*
        quote of the month...
                It is a great day for hockey.
                        "Badger" Bob Johnson
                                (RIP)