Sender:
From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 1995 12:39:36 -0500
>The Irish played fairly well Friday night, after getting blown out
>the last few times they visited the BG Ice Arena. Their goalie Wade
>Salzman was their best player, stopping 90% of the shots he faced
>(37/40).

That should be *over* 90%, of course (.925 to be exact, and for a
.850 goalie the rest of the season, quite a good game for Wade).

Also, I wanted to add that BG swept UND 3-0 this year. This is after
going 1-2 last year.

And MLC (Mark Coale) asks:

BTW, anyone know (Keith?) what exactly happened to Fry? He apparently
slipped on a bad patch of ice at the beginning of period 2, and left the
ice after a few minutes of writhing on the bench. Yet, he came out and played
the last period. Any answers?

My game notes say: "Andrusiak goons Fry". It wasn't a completely clean
check that knocked Fry down--a bit high and somewhat from the back. But
not a blatant penalty either. No penalty was caled on the play. He looked
OK in the third.

Keith