Sender:
From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 1994 16:27:58 -0400
Responding to msg by [log in to unmask] ()
on 23 Sep 94

>I don't think that is correct.  Unless things have
>changed since I attended the  there, Colgate does offer
>athletic scholarships.  I knew certain football
>players who were on full four year rides, and I would
>assume the same situation  holds true for the hockey
>team.And they were certainly NOT need based
>scholarships.

First, from what I have read in the past Colgate has never
offered hockey scholarships.  I may be wrong, but I believe
that I am correct.  Furthermore, the school is in the Patroit
League, a league that is very similiar to the Ivy League (see
below).  Although the league does not include hockey, I doubt
Colgate would give scholarships in one sport but not the other
22 sports the school sponsers.

Second, Colgate football may have offered scholarships in the
past, I have no idea.  When did you attend Colgate?  I do know
that as a charter member of the Patroit league, Colgate, along
with all other league schools, can and does not offer
scholarships for any league sport.  This includes football.
The league only allows grant-aid for up to = of the tuition.
Grant-aid is based on need only, so many athletes must pay full
tuition to attend.

Sean Pickett     -     Go BU Terriers, 1994 Hockey East
Champions!