Sender:
From:
Christopher Lerch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 1994 06:08:23 PDT
>         Just received a resubscription notice in the mail for this
> magazine. The only price listed is $40 a year, which includes a copy of
> the 1994-95 College Hockey Guide.
>         Address for anyone interested is:
>                         U.S. College Hockey Magazine
>                         Box 3475
>                         Peabody, MA 01960

How many issues are sent in a year?
--------------------------

You get 12, but only between late October and early April, so it
comes about every 2 weeks during the hockey season. It also comes
3rd class, so I usually get it about 2 weeks after the cover date.
Not good if you want up-to-the-date stats, but the features
and columns are usually well done.

On another note, I'm not to happy with this deal. They offered
something similar last year, although you had the option of
getting the magazine only for around $24. The College Hockey
Guide is a great reference book, but I don't know if it's really
necessary to get one every year, especially considering that it
arrives so late in the season - last year's edition wasn't out until
January. Yearly updates include new rosters and schedules for all
NCAA and the major club teams, as well as last season's records and tournament
results -  almost all of which you can get right here
on hockey-l.

There's also the matter of how they are going to handle those
of us who went for this offer last year, when they were still "College
Hockey Magazine". As you remember, CHM went under in the fall
of 1993 and resurfaced as USCHM around January of 1994. Those
of us who ordered subscriptions only got 5-6 issues of USCHM and
were told that we could get a 94-95 subscription for 1/2 price to
make up for the issues we lost last year. I wonder how this is going to
work...anybody got their phone number?

Chris Lerch
EDS
RIT '84 & '91