Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 1994 18:23:14 -0500
Dave Hendrickson writes:
>I considered writing an angry letter to the Globe, but I've decided that it'd
>be like trying to fight city hall, so instead I'm gonna erase my anger with
>a trip to the hospital to see my new niece who is now very healthy thank
>you ...

Congrats!  Heather & I just learned that my best friend & his wife had
their first child yesterday.  It sure is weird when someone you've known
since you were 6 becomes a dad. :-)  Oddly enough, Dean is a catcher with
the A's and had just been sent down to their minor league camp hours
before Alexandra's birth.  You win some, you lose some.  I thought it was
great just that he started off in major league camp.

But the point of this message is that the Boston Globe does have email
addresses, and I thought I would share the pertinent ones with HOCKEY-L
in case anyone wants to drop them a line.  I saved these a few months ago.

    [log in to unmask] In-paper forum to enable readers to communicate
                     with the Globe via email.
    [log in to unmask] letters to the editor
 [log in to unmask] sports editor

There are others, but these are the only ones I'd think are relevant.
My guess would be either of the bottom two, probably the sports editor,
would be what you'd want.  I have never tried them, however, nor do I
know anyone who has.

Might be interesting if the Globe was deluged with email from HOCKEY-L
on this issue.  What was that you were all saying about publicity? :-)

BTW, I did not see the earlier Slick Will McDonough article nor the Joe
Fitzgerald one in the Herald last week which was supposed to have been
pretty nasty.  If anyone has them and would like to send them out, it
might be interesting to let people outside of Boston see what has been
passing for press coverage lately.  I know I am curious now.  Normally
I would say it is not worth repeating the trash, but on the other hand
it does seem to back up some of the feelings Maine people may have.
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93