From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1993 08:15:00 PDT
I received this from an unknown source.  I assume that it was intended for
the list.

  John H
  U Mich
 ----------
From: cb7599
To: JohnH
Subject: Re: Canadian Hockey College Action?
Date: Friday, October 22, 1993 4:48PM

Regarding Canadian Colleges playing NCAA teams: Harvard has scheduled
Canadian
teams as pre-season/exhibition opponents for several years now (in '91, '93,

and now this year--New Brunswick scheduled for 10/29). I saw the games in
'91
and '93, and while I'm sorry to say that I can't remember which teams they
were
off-hand (well, they were exhibition games), and I don't have my files here
at
work to look it up, I do remember they were billed as representative of
Canadian College Hockey, at what would be the Division 1 level.

It seems to me that Harvard won both games, and while they were not
blow-outs,
the scores were in the 6-2, 5-1 range, with the decision never really in
question. The Canadian teams seemed to be playing at what I judged to be the

level of middle-of-the-pack ECAC teams--but it's hard to judge based on two
pre-season games. Certainly the argument for talent getting diluted by the
Junior Hockey system seems valid.