Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1993 15:14:39 EST

> Very true...that is why if the fans who attend games at a particular rink
> are annoyed by the actions/loudness of an opposing band, then the band
> should be moved or removed.  I was disappointed to read some of the
> comments by some people that imply that the band somehow has more of a
> right to be there than the fans.  In its place, a band has a useful part
> in the setting of a college hockey game, but if it goes outside the bounds
> and abuses its privilege to play (and it is a privilege, not a right), some
> sort of action should be taken.  If the issue cannot be resolved, and it
> may not be possible to do so with some bands, then the only alternative
> seems to be to bar the band from the arena.

Actually, I have a problem with this.  I was going to let this whole discussion
 go, but the tide seems to be swinging toward....if the rival bands won't
 accomodate the home fans then they must go.  I disagree.  As long as they meet
 a respectable level of conduct (and very important, no higher level of conduct
 than is expected of home fans and band.....I'm quite sure that some of the
 people complaining about visiting bands accept the same actions from their own
 people) then they should be allowed to play.  The visiting team is allocated a
 very small percentage of tickets in most rinks.  If they want to bring along
 their band in that allocation that should be their privilege.  If they make too
 much noise for the fans sitting near them....then the home team should give
 some consideration to where they seat the visiting fans.  Let's not forget,
 sports are for both the home team and the visitors.....I don't subscribe to the
 theory that the home fans have any more rights than the !
visitors.

How about Union banning all the home fans from their games because of the
 actions of a few morons with oranges....when I see that occur then I might be
 able to accept banning all visiting bands.  Until then.....

Jon