From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2008 18:39:03 -0400
below is a story from CHN about the CCHA adopting shoot outs to eliminate
ties. I'm certainly not a fan of shoot outs since I really don't feel it
have any bearing on which of the two teams is the better team,  According to
the story, games ending in a tie will have a 5 minute OT.  If the game is
still tied, the 3 man shootout will take place.  2 points will be awarded to
the team winning at the end of regulation or OT, 1 point will be awarded to
each team if the game is still tied after the 5 minute OT and 1 extra point
will be awarded to the team that wins the shootout.  The shootout point will
count in CCHA standings only.  The NC$$ will record the game as a tie and
the bonus point will not be included in PWR.

As far as I'm concerned, the only good news coming out of this story is that
it indicates the new season is almost upon us