From:
"Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:34:06 -0500
 The posted link does not work.  The question I would have is the
definition of the "....state's Sioux tribes,..."

Does that mean all of them?  A majority of them?  The ones with the most
resident members?  I don't know how many Sioux tribes there are in North
Dakota.

-- Rant Mode ON
And, FWIW, I continue on record (as a non-NA), that its hard for me to
understand how the logo and the nickname are offensive.  Its not like
the patently offensive Cleveland Indians Chief Wahoo, or Washington
Redskins.  Would the NCAA object if ND were the "Peaceful Sioux?"  Why
don't they go after Notre Dame's Fighting Irish?  Did they poll the
Irish to see if they objected?  Its all too nuanced for me.
-- Rant Mode OFF

Thanks.

Tom Rowe, Wisconsin