From:
"Mackinnon, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 13:34:03 -0500
As many of you know, DC made the down select as a finalist for the
2009-11 Frozen Four.  We entertained Committee Chair Wayne Dean of Yale
and Tom Jacobs of the NCAA with a facility tour, hotels, Hobey location
among other areas two weeks ago-as did every other competing city.  Next
Wednesday, all the finalists (WDC, Philly, Tampa, Detroit, Boston and
St. Paul) will present to the Committee next Wednesday in Indianapolis.

As part of our bid, I will speak to the Fan Experience portion of the
bid, partly from experience as a fellow Priority 9 and mainly from
Hockey-L and USCHO.

Thank you to fellow Hockey-L'rs who aided me with my impromptu survey of
Fan Experience: What Makes a Great Frozen Four.  I will speak especially
to the top 5 responses and why Washington, DC satisfies them more than
the competition.  We believe that St. Paul and Boston remain pretty
strong locks.  The 3rd (maybe 4th choice, too) remain up for grabs
between Philly, Tampa, Detroit (2010 and 2011 only) and Washington, DC.

Tom Jacobs, Director of Championships, additionally asked me to inquire
about other ways you would improve the Phrozen Phour.  If you've got any
suggestions, please email me privately.

Selfishly, I do not want to give any lurkers involved with competing
cities opportunity to steal thunder ;)

Thanks again for all your help!

'til then. Carpe Diem.

Make it a Great Day.