From:
Pat Gonzales <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 09:00:04 -0400
Mark Lagasse wrote:
>I've seen some discussion on the "week off" and just think how hard it
>would be to redistribute tickets without the extra week. I think the
>week allows time for many fans to get there travel plans together and
>seek out tickets. I just could not imagine a school being able to put
>travel packages together starting Monday AM with a game scheduled in 3-4
>days. The extra week makes sure that if someone really wants to go they
>should be able to get it all together.

Actually....the teams that are regularly in post-season tournaments
probably have travel agents/travel companies who have put packages
together prior to the advancing win. Perhaps it's in conjunction with
the alumni organization.

Here in backwater Kentucky, where the roundball team can usually be
counted on to get to the Sweet Sixteen every year, there are a couple
of local travel companies that start getting calls an hour after the
win for arrangements for the next round -- this includes travel,
hotel, and tickets. And it's not cheap. But it is possible.

Pat G.
Lexington, KY