From:
Jim Teresco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2005 11:04:30 -0400
I was also surprised at how hard it was to sell my FF tickets this
year.  I started to get worried as I watched OSU and Michigan get
eliminated.  I started with a note to Hockey-L and a post on the USCHO
message board, neither of which generated any real response.  In past
years when we had any extras for the Frozen Four, a note to Hockey-L
was always enough to find a buyer within minutes.  I decided to try
ebay and did find a buyer but my auction only got up to $400, well
below face value for my set of 4.  With ebay fees and considering that
the NCAA kept my money for a year, I'm out over $200.

I don't enter the lottery every year as a ticket speculator.  I will
use my tickets if I can.  I or someone in my group has used the
tickets more often than not.  That could have happened this year, but
there were circumstances to stop each of us that we could not have
known about a year in advance.  I'd have been there if it was this
past week and aligned with my spring break (it hasn't since they added
this annoying off week).

I really didn't think this year would be a problem and it probably
wouldn't have been if some teams closer than 900 miles away made it.
The big building combined with the teams that made it will probably
lead to some empty seats in Columbus this week.  And a lot of people
thinking twice about entering the lottery unless they're very
confident they can go.

I think things will swing back the other way next year in Milwaukee.
It's a smaller building and is closer to more western teams.  I'll
probably enter the lottery hoping I could make the trip but more
confident that I could find a buyer if that doesn't work out.
St. Louis and Denver?  I'm not convinced.  I think I'll be happier
taking my chances as a last-minute buyer than a last-minute seller for
those.

I sure hope the tournament returns back to the east after this 4-year
run in CCHA and WCHA territory.

--
Jim Teresco - [log in to unmask]
http://www.teresco.org